Mostrando 4 resultados

Registro de autoridad
School

University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston

  • http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n84075298
  • Entidad colectiva
  • 1972-

The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston is a public health science educational institution. It was created in 1972 by the University of Texas and comprises the UTHealth School of Dentistry (1905), UTHealth School of Biomedical Informatics (1972), the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center UTHealth Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (1963, renamed 2017), the John P. and Kathrine G. McGovern School of Medicine (1969, renamed 2015), UTHealth School of Public Health (1969), and the Jane and Robert Cizik School of Nursing (1972, renamed 2017). Its teaching hospitals include Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, and Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital. It also encompasses a long list of smaller centers and institutions that perform work specialized to different illnesses, disciplines, and areas of interest.

University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. School of Allied Health Sciences

  • http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n85248720
  • Entidad colectiva
  • 1973 -

The UTHealth School of Biomedical Informatics began in 1973 as the University of Texas School of Allied Health Sciences. It provided certificate programs in technical arenas to post-bachelor’s students. Disciplines included biomedical communications (audiovisual production in the context of the health sciences); nutrition and dietetics; blood bank technology; histotechnology (preparation of tissue sample slides for examination by pathologists); medical technology to perform laboratory work; nurse anesthesia; perfusion; and cytotechnology (preparing and assisting in the examination of cell slides, as for Pap smears). In 1997 it was reformatted to focus on health informatics, the collection, processing, storage, analysis, interpretation, and retrieval of medical statistics and information.

University of Houston College of Pharmacy

  • http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/no2020048313
  • Entidad colectiva
  • 1947-

The University of Houston School of Pharmacy opened in 1947 in the science building of the University of Houston, with physician and pharmacist Allan Collette as acting dean. It became accredited by the American Council of Pharmaceutical Education in 1950. It moved to the Lamar Fleming Building in 1963 and then into a new building in the Texas Medical Center in 1981. Ph.D. programs in pharmacology and pharmaceutics were established in 1987. Between 1977 and ???? the School worked with Baylor College of Medicine and UT Medical School to operate the Houston Pharmacological Center to provide drug information to medical professionals.

Texas Woman's University

  • https://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79150431.html
  • Entidad colectiva
  • 1901-

Texas Woman's University was founded in 1901 in Denton, Texas, as the Texas Industrial Institute and College for the Education of White Girls of the State of Texas in the Arts and Sciences; the current name dates to 1957. It began the first nationally accredited nursing program, affiliated with Dallas' Parkland Hospital, in Texas in 1950 and began awarding doctorates in 1953. It became integrated in 1961 and coeducational in 1994. The health science and nursing programs have additional campuses in Dallas and Houston.