Baylor College of Medicine Cullen Eye Institute

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Baylor College of Medicine Cullen Eye Institute

Parallel form(s) of name

  • Baylor College of Medicine Department of Ophthalmology

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence



The Eye Institute was formed in 1971 with a $1 million bequest from the Cullen Foundation to augment the research, education, and patient care supplied by the Baylor Department of Ophthalmology. Mr. and Mrs. Hugh Roy Cullen had been patrons of Baylor College of Medicine since 1947; Baylor’s main building is named for them. Later gifts funded a facility in Houston Methodist Hospital in 1977. Ray K. Daily, MD, was a professor in the Baylor Department of Ophthalmology until her retirement in 1974.


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places