- Corporate body
The Eye Institute was formed in 1971 with a $1 million bequest from the Cullen Foundation to augment the research, education, and patient care supplied by the Baylor Department of Ophthalmology. Mr. and Mrs. Hugh Roy Cullen had been patrons of Baylor College of Medicine since 1947; Baylor’s main building is named for them. Later gifts funded a facility in Houston Methodist Hospital in 1977. Ray K. Daily, MD, was a professor in the Baylor Department of Ophthalmology until her retirement in 1974.