Methodist Hospital records
- 1925-1996 (作成)
42 cubic feet (61 box)
Methodist Hospital was established near downtown Houston in 1924. It is currently located on Fannin Street in the Medical Center and serves as the teaching hospital for Baylor College of Medicine.
Content and structure elements
The Methodist Hospital records contains materials from the Methodist Hospital and the Bluebird Circle covering the years from the 1940s into the 1990s. The materials are generally in good condition. Materials include newsletters, news clippings, minutes, press releases, article drafts, scrapbooks, general historical information, photographs, sound recordings, and brochures. The Methodist Hospital History Project is included in this collection but was donated complete and has its own inventory.
Subjects: Methodist Hospital, hospitals.
The Methodist Hospital collection consists of two parts: The Methodist Hospital History Project, which was donated intact by the Hospital and has its own inventory, and additional boxes of material donated outside of the History Project.
Conditions of access and use elements
No restrictions to access.
The collection is in good condition.
Copyright restrictions may apply.
Languages of the material
Two inventories: A History Project inventory and a general inventory, 2017.
Uploaded finding aid
Donated by Methodist Hospital.
No accruals are expected for this collection.
- Citation: Methodist Hospital records; IC 020; John P. McGovern Historical Collections and Research Center, Houston Academy of Medicine-Texas Medical Center Library. Please cite the box and folder numbers where appropriate.