Name and location of repository
Level of description
St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital records
- 1959-2011 (Creation)
8 cubic feet (19 boxes)
Name of creator
St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital opened in 1945 as a private general hospital. It became affiliated with Texas Heart Institute in 1962 and Baylor College of Medicine in 2004. Catholic Health Initiatives acquired it in 2013 and the official name is CHI St. Luke's Health System.
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital, now known as Baylor St Luke’s Medical Center in CHI St. Luke’s Health Center was established in 1962 by Denton A Cooley. The materials are generally in good condition. The collection contains newsletters, directories and rosters, bylaws, brochures, and 6mm films.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use elements
Conditions governing access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions governing reproduction
Copyright restrictions may apply.
Languages of the material
Scripts of the material
Language and script notes
Inventory updated 2017.
Uploaded finding aid
Acquisition and appraisal elements
Immediate source of acquisition
Correspondence indicates that some material was donated by the Texas Children's Hospital Auxiliary and some was solicited from the Hospital directly, 1980s.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information
Accruals are expected for this collection.
Related materials elements
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related archival materials
- Citation: St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital records; IC 021; John P. McGovern Historical Collections and Research Center, Houston Academy of Medicine-Texas Medical Center Library. Please cite the box and folder numbers where appropriate.