Name and location of repository
Level of description
University of Houston School of Pharmacy records
- 1991-2002 (Creation)
0.5 cubic feet (1 box)
Name of creator
The University of Houston School of Pharmacy opened in 1947 in the science building of the University of Houston, with physician and pharmacist Allan Collette as acting dean. It became accredited by the American Council of Pharmaceutical Education in 1950. It moved to the Lamar Fleming Building in 1963 and then into a new building in the Texas Medical Center in 1981. Ph.D. programs in pharmacology and pharmaceutics were established in 1987. Between 1977 and ???? the School worked with Baylor College of Medicine and UT Medical School to operate the Houston Pharmacological Center to provide drug information to medical professionals.
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
The University of Houston School of Pharmacy records contains brochures, Alumni InPharmation, registration materials, calendars, and other paper materials from the University of Houston School of Pharmacology.
Subjects: Pharmocology, UH
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use elements
Conditions governing access
This collection is unrestricted.
Materials are in good condition.
Conditions governing reproduction
Copyright restrictions may apply.
Languages of the material
Scripts of the material
Language and script notes
Acquisition and appraisal elements
Immediate source of acquisition
Source is unknown. Assumed to be the creator.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information
No accruals are expected for this collection.
Related materials elements
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related archival materials
- Citation: University of Houston School of Pharmacy records; IC 027; John P. McGovern Historical Collections and Research Center, Houston Academy of Medicine-Texas Medical Center Library. Please cite the box and folder numbers where appropriate.