Showing 5 results

Archival description
St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital (Houston, Tex.)
Print preview Hierarchy View:

Ernst William Bertner, MD papers

  • MS 002
  • Collection
  • 1908-1978

The Ernst W. Bertner, MD papers (MS002) is 6.5 cubic feet and consists of seven documents boxes and two oversize boxes. It contains biographical information, personal and professional correspondence, speeches, certificates, official appointments, newsclippings, scrapbooks, photographs, audiovisual materials, and realia that detail the personal life, professional activities, and leadership of Dr. Ernst W. Bertner in Houston and the Texas Medical Center. The materials are in good condition.

Bertner, Ernst William

William D. Seybold, MD papers

  • MS 004
  • Collection
  • 1890-1983

The papers of Dr. Seybold are made up primarily of office files, correspondence and memoranda, newsclippings, articles, committee meeting minutes and reports; the working files of a prominent Houston physician who at one time or another served as chief of staff at St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital, partner and chief of staff of the KelseySeybold Clinic, president of the Texas Surgical Society, member of the University of Texas Committee of 75 and the Centennial Commission. They document his career from late in his surgical residency to his retirement from private practice in 1979.

The 82 boxes occupy 52 cubic feet. A large portion of the collection is a record of Dr. Seybold's professional involvement with the Clinic, hospitals and medical organizations. It has been retained in much the same order in which it was received, arranged alphabetically where applicable and arranged chronologically where possible within the series and within the files. Removed from the collection and redistributed in the library as needed were a sizeable number of journals and newsletters. Also removed from the collection and placed in the Historical Research Center Photograph Collection were many photographs, where they were indexed and cataloged. Duplicates of reports and reprints already in the collection were discarded.

Subjects: Surgery

Seybold, William Dempsey

Sidney Schnur, MD papers

  • MS 031
  • Collection
  • 1982

The Sidney Schnur, MD papers contains awards, correspondence, committee and expenditure reports, executive committee minutes, surveys, courses, meetings, personnel files, meeting agendas, and admittance lists related to the career of Sidney Schnur in the field cardiovascular medicine.

Subjects: Cardiovascular

Schnur, Sidney

Paul V. Ledbetter, MD papers

  • MS 034
  • Collection
  • 1966-1977

The Paul V. Ledbetter, MD papers contains biographical information, correspondence, administrative records, newspaper clippings, manuals, publications, audio cassettes, notes, notebooks, loose monographs, glass slides, patient data, membership directories, and rosters related to Dr. Ledbetter's life, career, practice (Ledbetter Clinic Association) and professional organizations, such as American Heart Association, Houston Heart Association, Houston Society of Internal Medicine, and Texas Academy of Internal Medicine. Three audio cassettes provided an oral history of Dr. Ledbetter. Materials are in good condition. The collection consists of 3 boxes, totaling 1 cubic foot.

Subjects: Internal Medicine.

Ledbetter, Paul V.

Francis Catlin, MD papers

  • MS 084
  • Collection
  • 1942-1996

The Francis Catlin, MD papers contains photographs, pamphlets, magazines, university and government publications, notes from his medical research and experiments, and letters to colleagues documenting the research and the professional life of Francis Catlin, MD.

Francis Catlin was born on December 6, 1925 in Hartford, Connecticut. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree in 1948 from Johns Hopkins University, where he also served two residencies in otolaryngology and. Dr. Catlin served in the U.S. Air Force Medical Corps from 1950-1952 at the rank of Captain and was the Assistant Chief of E.N.T. Service, U.S. Air Force, 1100th Medical Group, Bolling Air Force Base in Washington, D.C. Dr. Catlin taught and conducted research as a faculty member at Johns Hopkins from 1955-1972. There, he was a part of the Department of Otolaryngology in the School of Medicine, the School of Public Health and Hygiene’s Environmental Medicine Department, and the Public Administration. In 1972 Dr. Catlin and his family moved to Houston, Texas, where he accepted the appointments: as Professor at the Baylor College of Medicine in the Department of Otorhinolaryngology; as Chief-of-Service in the department of Otolaryngology at St. Luke’s Episcopal the and Texas Children’s Hospitals; and as the Director of the Speech, Language, and Learning Disorders at the Texas Children’s Hospital. Print finding aid by Margaret Irwin, 1992/1996.

Subjects: Pediatric Otolaryngology.

Catlin, Francis