検索結果:154件

アーカイブズ記述
Texas Medical Center
印刷プレビュー Hierarchy 表示:

デジタルオブジェクト付き126件 デジタルオブジェクトを含む結果を表示

Texas Medical Center records

  • IC 002
  • コレクション
  • 1907-2019

The Texas Medical Center records include TMC charter material, correspondence, committee minutes, interviews and transcripts, photographs and slides, budgetary information, newspapers and clippings, research material for books, surveys, materials related to TMC events and visitors, films and audiocassettes, brochures, architectural renderings, guidebooks and directories, and maps. The materials date from the 1900s to the present. The collection also includes the papers of Mary Schiflett who held leadership positions in the TMC from 1970-2009. The collection has been processed at box and folder level. The material is generally in good condition and consists of 39 cubic feet totaling 93 boxes.

Texas Medical Center

Texas Medical Center and Rice Stadium aerial

Aerial view of the Texas Medical Center looking east. Rice Stadium and a neighborhood are visible in the foreground. Hermann Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Methodist Hopsital, M. D. Anderson Cancer Hospital, and Texas Children's Hospital are visible, with Hermann Park in the distance.

Texas Medical Center aerial

Aerial view of the Texas Medical Center looking northwest. Baylor College of Medicine is in the foreground, with Hermann Hospital, and the Hermann Professional Building behind it. Rice University is also visible in the background. Much of the surrounding area remains wooded.

William B. Bates papers

  • MS 011
  • コレクション
  • 1896-1981

The William B. Bates papers contains correspondence and photographs documenting his life and career as a lawyer. Of particular interest are the scrapbook of newspaper clippings dating back to the 1920s and photographs from World War I and Bates' childhood. The collection consists of 14 boxes, including two oversize boxes, and equals 9 cubic feet. The materials are in fair to good condition.

Subjects: Attorney

Bates, William

R. Lee Clark, MD papers

  • MS 070
  • コレクション
  • 1929-1985

Lee Clark’s personal papers, Series I, contain financial documents, family correspondence from relatives throughout Texas, lists of purchases including various cars, information on houses and repairs, ideas for his ranch and considerations about other land purchases.

Lee Clark received his M.D. from the Medical School of Virginia. He served as Chief Resident at the American Hospital in Paris, France and was a Fellow at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.

Before coming to M.D. Anderson, Dr. Clark was Director of Surgical Research within the United States Air Force at Randolph Field, San Antonio, Texas. Drafts of Clark’s Surgical History of the Army Air Forces are located in Series II.

Dr. R. Lee Clark collected papers from many sources, envisioning the historical importance, not only of his personal papers, but of items related to University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, the Texas Medical Center, various University of Texas medical schools, and many national and international cancer organizations. A series of historical papers, in addition to folders labeled “Inactive”, “to 1956”, or “to 1959”, provide witness to the early growth of M.D. Anderson Hospital and Houston’s medical community. Dr. Clark also kept the minutes of many meetings of the University of Texas Board of Regents, as he was dependent on funding from the state to furnish resources necessary for M.D. Anderson Hospital. Newspaper clippings document Clark’s leadership at M.D. Anderson and the growth of cancer treatment and care, both within the state of Texas and throughout the world. He was Directing Medical Editor of the Medical Arts Publishing Foundation that published The Heart Bulletin, The Cancer Bulletin, The Psychiatric Bulletin, and Medical Record and Annals, as well as co-editor of The Book of Health and The Year Book of Cancer.

Dr. Clark held positions of authority in a number of national and international organizations. Correspondence and meeting minutes show that he was a dynamic force in the formation of several branches of the Union International Contre le Cancer, notably the Committee for International Collaborative Activities and the Association of American Cancer Institutes. UICC was a world-wide effort to more successfully track and treat the causes of cancer. The American Cancer Society also benefited from Clark’s vision and energy, as did the Cancer Committee of the American College of Surgeons. Meeting minutes from several committees document activities within those organizations. He served on the boards of directors of the Damon Runyon/Walter Winchell and Hogg Foundations. After retirement from M.D. Anderson, he served as a consultant for Robert Douglass Associates, assisting with site visits and forward planning for cancer hospitals.

Photographs of M.D. Anderson Hospital buildings, colleagues, and many organizational meetings are held in Series XIII, as well as in other parts of the collection.

Memorabilia and realia, as well as a series on professional travel, attest to the scope of Dr. Clark’s career.

Clark, Randolph Lee, 1906-

Herman Walter Johnson, MD Papers

  • MS 001
  • コレクション
  • 1905-1956

The Herman Walter Johnson, MD papers (MS001) is .25 cubic feet and consists of 1 box and oversized materials. It contains Dr. Johnson's autobiography (Reminiscences of a Male Midwife), United States Army appointment, news articles, certificates, and medical licenses that document the life, career, and military service of Dr. Herman Johnson. The records pertain to the geographic areas of Buffalo, New York and Houston, Texas. The materials are in good condition.

Johnson, Herman Walter

Sister Agnes Mary Joy papers

  • MS 220
  • コレクション
  • 1970-2013

Sister Agnes Mary Joy papers include ephemera, photographs, handwritten detailed patient notes, lectures, administrative material, correspondence, and professional material. The bulk of the material in this collection is linked to her work at the director of chaplaincy services for the Institute of Religion.

Joy, Agnes Mary

Richard Wainerdi's Texas Medical Center Memorabilia Collection

  • IC 096
  • コレクション
  • 1984-2012

The Richard Wainerdi's Texas Medical Center Memorabilia Collection consists of realia (three-dimensional objects) presented to Richard Wainerdi during his tenure as president of the Texas Medical Center, a position he held from 1984 to December 2012. The realia includes numerous scrolls, fabrics, desktop items such as paper weights. pen sets, commemorative plaques, ceramic, toy-like models and other objects. The realia comes from Houston-area institutions and businesses as well as numerous international organizations. The collection was donated to the TMC Library by TMC Inc. office of the president in September 2013.

Wainerdi, Richard E.

E. W. Bertner and Texas Children's Foundation Trustees

Texas Children's Hospital Foundation Trustees inspecting the site of the Children's Hospital and Research Institute in the Texas Medical Center, November 9, 1947. Left to right: Dr. David Greer, President of the Children's Foundation; Nina J. Cullinan; Dr. John K. Glen; Dr. E. W. Bertner, President of the Texas Medical Center; D Leopold L. Meyer, Treasurer of the Children's Foundation; Dr. George W. Salmon; and Dr. A. Lane Mitchell.

TMC Common Computer Facilities Opening

The Texas Medical Center Common Computer Facilties opening. In a room filled with computers, two men review punch cards while two others work by a word processor and a telephone. The computers include an IBM 7094, with the work "Think" posted atop it, and an IBM 7617.

Hilde Bruch, MD papers

  • MS 007
  • コレクション
  • 1928-1984

The Hilde Bruch, MD papers contains reprints, books, office files, patient records. The early gift of books and reprints, and the posthumous donation of books and papers have been integrated into the larger group of office records, making the total size of the collection 56 cubic feet. The processor of the papers has for the most part left Dr. Bruch's own arrangement intact. The arrangement includes office files, patient records dating from the 1940's, correspondence from colleagues as well as hundreds of letters from lay persons acquainted with Dr. Bruch's work on eating disorders. There are reprints from colleagues, correspondence with publishers, family and friends. Also included is same correspondence from Dr. Bruch's family in Germany and the Netherlands, and memorabilia from her long career in America. Dr. Bruch's papers offer important insights into psychiatric trends in the second half of the twentieth century, particularly into the treatment of psycho-social illness. They also detail in the life history of an individual, the personal and cultural crises precipitated by exile from Nazi Germany, and the struggle of women for greater participation in science and medicine, both significant phenomena in the history of this century. The collection equals 56 cubic feet consisting of 84 boxes.

Bruch, Hilde, 1904-1984

Harris County Academy of General Practice records

  • IC 052
  • コレクション
  • 1949-1966

The Harris County Association of General Practice is a component branch of the American Academy of General Practice and the Texas Chapter of the American Academy of General Practice. Through the diligent efforts of Dr. Lyman C. Blair and others a charter was issued on July 23rd, 1948, thereby establishing the Harris County Chapter.

The collection documents the history of a local medical association and to some extent the attitudes with the field of general practice.

Harris County Academy of General Practice

Horace M. Wilkins

Horace M. Wilkins seated at his desk. Wilkins was president of the State National Bank and a Trustee of the M. D. Anderson Foundation when the Texas Medical Center was being conceived.

Texas Children's Hospital site Inspection

Texas Children's Hospital Foundation Trustees inspecting the site of the Children's Hospital and Research Institute in the Texas Medical Center. Left to right: Dr. John K. Glen; Dr. E. W. Bertner, President of the Texas Medical Center; Dr. David Greer, President of the Children's Foundation; Leopold L. Meyer, Treasurer of the Children's Foundation.

Immobilization study at TIRR

PATIENT - At the Institute for Rehabilitation and Research, a shirtless man with wires attached to him is elevated on an apparatus. The room is filled with computers and other equipment, and a doctor makes notes while consulting one of the machines.

TMC Library Historical Photograph Collection

  • IC 098
  • コレクション
  • 1543-2004

The TMC Library Historical Photograph Collection contains photographs, negatives, slides, published prints, printed materials, postcards, framed images, audiovisual materials, and a plaque. The collection consists of roughly 5300 items, which includes individual 35mm slides, 35mm negatives, 120 format negatives, photographic prints, and other printed materials. This is an artificial collection of several types of images collected by or donated to the McGovern Historical Center (MHC) through the years. The bulk of the materials date from 1940 to 1990. The entire collection depicts images from 1543 to 2004. The earliest date is related to copy photographs of pages from the 1543 edition of the Fabrica by Andreas Vesalius. Other early dates are framed prints of well-known medical pioneers from the 17th, 18th, and 19th Centuries. Some dates describe the date of the copy photograph others describe the date of the original image. The collection illustrates the history of medicine around the world and more acutely the Texas Medical Center and Texas Medical Center Library. Majority of the materials have been removed from this collection and incorporated into the original collections or new collections based on the donor records.

The collection is arranged into three series: Cataloged Photographs, Subject Photographs, and Oversize and Audiovisual Materials. Subject Photographs are arranged in files according to subject and then in alphabetical order. Subject terms used are as follows (in order): Attractions Photos, Building Photos, Event Photos, Individual Photos, Institutions and Organizations, Medical Equipment and Apparatus, and Surgical, Anatomical, and Medical Photos.

The collection was created to consolidate various photographs and images collected by the archive staff. Many were cataloged and assigned identification numbers (P-### for prints or N-### for negatives). These photographs were originally donated. The donor information in the card catalog was used to either create new photograph collections or incorporate into existing collections. This collection is comprised of the remaining items. Information about donors, if known, is available in the inventory. Uncataloged photographs were organized into general subjects and kept in alphabetical order. Oversize materials maintain the same identification number system and subjects. To increase discoverability of all archival materials, the collection was expanded to include materials with no known provenance. This includes framed items stored in the Garment Artifacts and Framed (GAF) section as well as audiovisual materials.

John P. McGovern Historical Collections & Research Center

Dr. Michael DeBakey

Dr. Michael E. Debakey, President of Baylor College of Medicine and Director of the Cardiovascular Research and Training Center at Methodist Hospital, pauses to check vital signs of a patient undergoing open heart surgery.

Texas Dental College

Texas Dental College at Fannin and Blodgett exterior view. The Texas Dental College occupied this building in 1925, became the University of Texas Dental Branch in 1943, and moved to the Texas Medical Center in 1955.

to3%の 100への%1結果