検索結果:154件

アーカイブズ記述
Texas Medical Center
印刷プレビュー Hierarchy 表示:

デジタルオブジェクト付き126件 デジタルオブジェクトを含む結果を表示

Texas Medical Center records

  • IC 002
  • コレクション
  • 1907-2019

The Texas Medical Center records include TMC charter material, correspondence, committee minutes, interviews and transcripts, photographs and slides, budgetary information, newspapers and clippings, research material for books, surveys, materials related to TMC events and visitors, films and audiocassettes, brochures, architectural renderings, guidebooks and directories, and maps. The materials date from the 1900s to the present. The collection also includes the papers of Mary Schiflett who held leadership positions in the TMC from 1970-2009. The collection has been processed at box and folder level. The material is generally in good condition and consists of 39 cubic feet totaling 93 boxes.

Texas Medical Center

Institute of Religion records

  • IC 016
  • コレクション
  • 1954-2000

The Institute of Religion records (IC 016) is .5 cubic foot and consists of 1 document box. It contains formation and scope documents, newsletters, correspondence, pamphlets and news clippings related to the early years of the Institue of Religion, now the Institute of Spirituality and Health. The materials are in good condition.

Institute of Religion (Houston, Tex.)

Harris County Academy of General Practice records

  • IC 052
  • コレクション
  • 1949-1966

The Harris County Association of General Practice is a component branch of the American Academy of General Practice and the Texas Chapter of the American Academy of General Practice. Through the diligent efforts of Dr. Lyman C. Blair and others a charter was issued on July 23rd, 1948, thereby establishing the Harris County Chapter.

The collection documents the history of a local medical association and to some extent the attitudes with the field of general practice.

Harris County Academy of General Practice

Richard Wainerdi's Texas Medical Center Memorabilia Collection

  • IC 096
  • コレクション
  • 1984-2012

The Richard Wainerdi's Texas Medical Center Memorabilia Collection consists of realia (three-dimensional objects) presented to Richard Wainerdi during his tenure as president of the Texas Medical Center, a position he held from 1984 to December 2012. The realia includes numerous scrolls, fabrics, desktop items such as paper weights. pen sets, commemorative plaques, ceramic, toy-like models and other objects. The realia comes from Houston-area institutions and businesses as well as numerous international organizations. The collection was donated to the TMC Library by TMC Inc. office of the president in September 2013.

Wainerdi, Richard E.

TMC Library Historical Photograph Collection

  • IC 098
  • コレクション
  • 1543-2004

The TMC Library Historical Photograph Collection contains photographs, negatives, slides, published prints, printed materials, postcards, framed images, audiovisual materials, and a plaque. The collection consists of roughly 5300 items, which includes individual 35mm slides, 35mm negatives, 120 format negatives, photographic prints, and other printed materials. This is an artificial collection of several types of images collected by or donated to the McGovern Historical Center (MHC) through the years. The bulk of the materials date from 1940 to 1990. The entire collection depicts images from 1543 to 2004. The earliest date is related to copy photographs of pages from the 1543 edition of the Fabrica by Andreas Vesalius. Other early dates are framed prints of well-known medical pioneers from the 17th, 18th, and 19th Centuries. Some dates describe the date of the copy photograph others describe the date of the original image. The collection illustrates the history of medicine around the world and more acutely the Texas Medical Center and Texas Medical Center Library. Majority of the materials have been removed from this collection and incorporated into the original collections or new collections based on the donor records.

The collection is arranged into three series: Cataloged Photographs, Subject Photographs, and Oversize and Audiovisual Materials. Subject Photographs are arranged in files according to subject and then in alphabetical order. Subject terms used are as follows (in order): Attractions Photos, Building Photos, Event Photos, Individual Photos, Institutions and Organizations, Medical Equipment and Apparatus, and Surgical, Anatomical, and Medical Photos.

The collection was created to consolidate various photographs and images collected by the archive staff. Many were cataloged and assigned identification numbers (P-### for prints or N-### for negatives). These photographs were originally donated. The donor information in the card catalog was used to either create new photograph collections or incorporate into existing collections. This collection is comprised of the remaining items. Information about donors, if known, is available in the inventory. Uncataloged photographs were organized into general subjects and kept in alphabetical order. Oversize materials maintain the same identification number system and subjects. To increase discoverability of all archival materials, the collection was expanded to include materials with no known provenance. This includes framed items stored in the Garment Artifacts and Framed (GAF) section as well as audiovisual materials.

John P. McGovern Historical Collections & Research Center

Horace M. Wilkins

Horace M. Wilkins seated at his desk. Wilkins was president of the State National Bank and a Trustee of the M. D. Anderson Foundation when the Texas Medical Center was being conceived.

Methodist Hospital

Original Methodist Hospital building exterior. The four story building features a dormer, fire escape, and stairs up to the elevated first floor entrance. Three early automobiles are parked out front.

Texas Children's Hospital site Inspection

Texas Children's Hospital Foundation Trustees inspecting the site of the Children's Hospital and Research Institute in the Texas Medical Center. Left to right: Dr. John K. Glen; Dr. E. W. Bertner, President of the Texas Medical Center; Dr. David Greer, President of the Children's Foundation; Leopold L. Meyer, Treasurer of the Children's Foundation.

Immobilization study at TIRR

PATIENT - At the Institute for Rehabilitation and Research, two men lying in hospital beds. One man is shirtless and has wires attached to him. The room is filled with computers and other equipment, and a doctor adjusts a dial on one of the machines.

Immobilization study at TIRR

PATIENT - At the Institute for Rehabilitation and Research, a shirtless man with wires attached to him is elevated on an apparatus. The room is filled with computers and other equipment, and a doctor makes notes while consulting one of the machines.

Texas Medical Center (TMC) Photograph Collection

  • IC 104
  • コレクション
  • 1938-1982

The Texas Medical Center (TMC) Photograph Collection contains photographic materials that document the growth and development of the TMC from the 1930s to 1980s. The collection consists of 2525 items and includes photographic prints, aerial photographs, negatives, transparencies and printed materials. The materials depict the institutions of the TMC, their staff, facilities, services, and patient care. Images show buildings and their construction as well as some photographic copies of architectural renderings. Aerial photographs from the 1940s to 1980s show the TMC grow from marshland to an urban center. The collection provides images of the leaders and historical figures that shaped the TMC from concept to reality. The collection totals 7 boxes, equaling 3.5 cubic feet. The materials are in good condition.

Texas Medical Center

Dr. Michael DeBakey

Dr. Michael E. Debakey, President of Baylor College of Medicine and Director of the Cardiovascular Research and Training Center at Methodist Hospital, pauses to check vital signs of a patient undergoing open heart surgery.

E. W. Bertner and Texas Children's Foundation Trustees

Texas Children's Hospital Foundation Trustees inspecting the site of the Children's Hospital and Research Institute in the Texas Medical Center, November 9, 1947. Left to right: Dr. David Greer, President of the Children's Foundation; Nina J. Cullinan; Dr. John K. Glen; Dr. E. W. Bertner, President of the Texas Medical Center; D Leopold L. Meyer, Treasurer of the Children's Foundation; Dr. George W. Salmon; and Dr. A. Lane Mitchell.

Texas Dental College

Texas Dental College at Fannin and Blodgett exterior view. The Texas Dental College occupied this building in 1925, became the University of Texas Dental Branch in 1943, and moved to the Texas Medical Center in 1955.

Texas Medical Center aerial

Aerial view of the Texas Medical Center looking south. Hermann Hospital and the Hermann Professional Building are in the foreground, with Baylor College of Medicine, M. D. Anderson Hospital, and Methodist Hospital visible further back. The area behind the hospitals remains wooded.

Dorsey, Paul

TMC Common Computer Facilities Opening

The Texas Medical Center Common Computer Facilties opening. In a room filled with computers, two men review punch cards while two others work by a word processor and a telephone. The computers include an IBM 7094, with the work "Think" posted atop it, and an IBM 7617.

to3%の 100への%1結果