Affichage de 17 résultats

Description archivistique
St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital (Houston, Tex.)
Aperçu avant impression Hierarchy Affichage :

St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital records

  • IC 021
  • Collection
  • 1959-2011

St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital, now known as Baylor St Luke’s Medical Center in CHI St. Luke’s Health Center was established in 1962 by Denton A Cooley. The materials are generally in good condition. The collection contains newsletters, directories and rosters, bylaws, brochures, and 6mm films.

St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital (Houston, Tex.)

TMC Library Historical Photograph Collection

  • IC 098
  • Collection
  • 1543-2004

The TMC Library Historical Photograph Collection contains photographs, negatives, slides, published prints, printed materials, postcards, framed images, audiovisual materials, and a plaque. The collection consists of roughly 5300 items, which includes individual 35mm slides, 35mm negatives, 120 format negatives, photographic prints, and other printed materials. This is an artificial collection of several types of images collected by or donated to the McGovern Historical Center (MHC) through the years. The bulk of the materials date from 1940 to 1990. The entire collection depicts images from 1543 to 2004. The earliest date is related to copy photographs of pages from the 1543 edition of the Fabrica by Andreas Vesalius. Other early dates are framed prints of well-known medical pioneers from the 17th, 18th, and 19th Centuries. Some dates describe the date of the copy photograph others describe the date of the original image. The collection illustrates the history of medicine around the world and more acutely the Texas Medical Center and Texas Medical Center Library. Majority of the materials have been removed from this collection and incorporated into the original collections or new collections based on the donor records.

The collection is arranged into three series: Cataloged Photographs, Subject Photographs, and Oversize and Audiovisual Materials. Subject Photographs are arranged in files according to subject and then in alphabetical order. Subject terms used are as follows (in order): Attractions Photos, Building Photos, Event Photos, Individual Photos, Institutions and Organizations, Medical Equipment and Apparatus, and Surgical, Anatomical, and Medical Photos.

The collection was created to consolidate various photographs and images collected by the archive staff. Many were cataloged and assigned identification numbers (P-### for prints or N-### for negatives). These photographs were originally donated. The donor information in the card catalog was used to either create new photograph collections or incorporate into existing collections. This collection is comprised of the remaining items. Information about donors, if known, is available in the inventory. Uncataloged photographs were organized into general subjects and kept in alphabetical order. Oversize materials maintain the same identification number system and subjects. To increase discoverability of all archival materials, the collection was expanded to include materials with no known provenance. This includes framed items stored in the Garment Artifacts and Framed (GAF) section as well as audiovisual materials.

John P. McGovern Historical Collections & Research Center

Texas Medical Center (TMC) Photograph Collection

  • IC 104
  • Collection
  • 1938-1982

The Texas Medical Center (TMC) Photograph Collection contains photographic materials that document the growth and development of the TMC from the 1930s to 1980s. The collection consists of 2525 items and includes photographic prints, aerial photographs, negatives, transparencies and printed materials. The materials depict the institutions of the TMC, their staff, facilities, services, and patient care. Images show buildings and their construction as well as some photographic copies of architectural renderings. Aerial photographs from the 1940s to 1980s show the TMC grow from marshland to an urban center. The collection provides images of the leaders and historical figures that shaped the TMC from concept to reality. The collection totals 7 boxes, equaling 3.5 cubic feet. The materials are in good condition.

Texas Medical Center

Ernst William Bertner, MD papers

  • MS 002
  • Collection
  • 1908-1978

The Ernst W. Bertner, MD papers (MS002) is 6.5 cubic feet and consists of seven documents boxes and two oversize boxes. It contains biographical information, personal and professional correspondence, speeches, certificates, official appointments, newsclippings, scrapbooks, photographs, audiovisual materials, and realia that detail the personal life, professional activities, and leadership of Dr. Ernst W. Bertner in Houston and the Texas Medical Center. The materials are in good condition.

Bertner, Ernst William

William D. Seybold, MD papers

  • MS 004
  • Collection
  • 1890-1983

The papers of Dr. Seybold are made up primarily of office files, correspondence and memoranda, newsclippings, articles, committee meeting minutes and reports; the working files of a prominent Houston physician who at one time or another served as chief of staff at St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital, partner and chief of staff of the KelseySeybold Clinic, president of the Texas Surgical Society, member of the University of Texas Committee of 75 and the Centennial Commission. They document his career from late in his surgical residency to his retirement from private practice in 1979.

The 82 boxes occupy 52 cubic feet. A large portion of the collection is a record of Dr. Seybold's professional involvement with the Clinic, hospitals and medical organizations. It has been retained in much the same order in which it was received, arranged alphabetically where applicable and arranged chronologically where possible within the series and within the files. Removed from the collection and redistributed in the library as needed were a sizeable number of journals and newsletters. Also removed from the collection and placed in the Historical Research Center Photograph Collection were many photographs, where they were indexed and cataloged. Duplicates of reports and reprints already in the collection were discarded.

Subjects: Surgery

Seybold, William Dempsey

Sidney Schnur, MD papers

  • MS 031
  • Collection
  • 1982

The Sidney Schnur, MD papers contains awards, correspondence, committee and expenditure reports, executive committee minutes, surveys, courses, meetings, personnel files, meeting agendas, and admittance lists related to the career of Sidney Schnur in the field cardiovascular medicine.

Subjects: Cardiovascular

Schnur, Sidney

Paul V. Ledbetter, MD papers

  • MS 034
  • Collection
  • 1966-1977

The Paul V. Ledbetter, MD papers contains biographical information, correspondence, administrative records, newspaper clippings, manuals, publications, audio cassettes, notes, notebooks, loose monographs, glass slides, patient data, membership directories, and rosters related to Dr. Ledbetter's life, career, practice (Ledbetter Clinic Association) and professional organizations, such as American Heart Association, Houston Heart Association, Houston Society of Internal Medicine, and Texas Academy of Internal Medicine. Three audio cassettes provided an oral history of Dr. Ledbetter. Materials are in good condition. The collection consists of 3 boxes, totaling 1 cubic foot.

Subjects: Internal Medicine.

Ledbetter, Paul V.

Francis Catlin, MD papers

  • MS 084
  • Collection
  • 1942-1996

The Francis Catlin, MD papers contains photographs, pamphlets, magazines, university and government publications, notes from his medical research and experiments, and letters to colleagues documenting the research and the professional life of Francis Catlin, MD.

Francis Catlin was born on December 6, 1925 in Hartford, Connecticut. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree in 1948 from Johns Hopkins University, where he also served two residencies in otolaryngology and. Dr. Catlin served in the U.S. Air Force Medical Corps from 1950-1952 at the rank of Captain and was the Assistant Chief of E.N.T. Service, U.S. Air Force, 1100th Medical Group, Bolling Air Force Base in Washington, D.C. Dr. Catlin taught and conducted research as a faculty member at Johns Hopkins from 1955-1972. There, he was a part of the Department of Otolaryngology in the School of Medicine, the School of Public Health and Hygiene’s Environmental Medicine Department, and the Public Administration. In 1972 Dr. Catlin and his family moved to Houston, Texas, where he accepted the appointments: as Professor at the Baylor College of Medicine in the Department of Otorhinolaryngology; as Chief-of-Service in the department of Otolaryngology at St. Luke’s Episcopal the and Texas Children’s Hospitals; and as the Director of the Speech, Language, and Learning Disorders at the Texas Children’s Hospital. Print finding aid by Margaret Irwin, 1992/1996.

Subjects: Pediatric Otolaryngology.

Catlin, Francis