- IC 102
The ABAA KAKEN records is a restricted collection. It contains digital materials on an external hard and some paper material. Consultation with an archivist is required to access this collection.
1 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
The ABAA KAKEN records is a restricted collection. It contains digital materials on an external hard and some paper material. Consultation with an archivist is required to access this collection.
The ABCC Photograph Collection consists of photographs of various sizes of staff, survivors, buildings, and events that pertain to the Atomic Bomb Casualty Commission at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The vast majority of the photographs are black and white and in good condition. The dates of the photographs range from 1946 to the 1970s. The collection is in one series, with the photographs housed in envelopes and totals nine boxes. The collection provides photographic evidence of the destruction and injuries caused by the atomic bombs, and how the Japanese and allied doctors and military personnel worked together and the cultural exchanges that occurred. The photographs focus on the staff and the different things they did with their Japanese counterparts and not of the survivors that they studied. The photographs are in good condition. Some photographs have corners that are bent or have been crumpled. Others have come off of the backing they were glued to. There are some photographs that have yellowed or have some discoloration on them.
Atomic Bomb Casualty Commission
The ABCC-RERF records is an artificial collection and contains ABCC and RERF reprints, papers, email publications, and ephemera from 1948 to 2011.
Subjects: ABCC, Atomic Bomb Casualty Commission
Radiation Effects Research Foundation
The American Cancer Society, Greater Houston Unit records consists of newsletters and newspapers published by the American Cancer Society Greater Houston Unit and spans over half a century. The publication titles include “Texas Cancer Triangle” (September, 1950), “Oncology Nursing Newsletter” (April, 1977 to January-March, 1988), and “Texas Cancer News” (Winter 2003-Winter 2006). Also included are thank you letters to “cancer crusader” block-walking fundraisers from Ruth Dale, Residential Chairman of the Greater Houston Unit of the American Cancer Society, dated 1981.
American Cancer Society, Greater Houston Unit
The American Heart Association in the Texas Gulf Coast Council records contains the 1986 to 1992 issues of the “Vital Signs” Newsletter published by the Texas Affiliate of the American Heart Association. The last folder contains the institution’s 1986 Annual Report.
American Heart Association in Texas - Gulf Coast Council
The Baylor College of Medicine Cullen Eye Institute images consists of two images. One image is a painting, printed facsimile on canvas, in a frame of Ray Kay Daily, MD. The second is a photo of the Baylor College of Medicine building in the Texas Medical Center taken about 1965.
The portrait within the frame measures 17.5 inches by 26 inches. The frame measures 37.5 inches by 28.5 inches. The portrait is signed but the signature is unintelligible. The portrait depicts Dr. Daily in youthful middle age with her left shoulder toward the viewer and the left profile of her face visible. Her dark hair is swept up and her left shoulder is bare. According to her son Dr. Lewis Daily, the portrait was painted in Berlin in 1923 by a renowned portrait painter. The name of the artist on the right corner of the painting is illegible. Dr. Daily was born March 16, 1891 and died November 28, 1975. According to the Handbook of Texas, Dr. Daily was an eye surgeon and author and was one of the first women to graduate from a Texas medical school. She played a prominent role in public education in Houston and was a leading physician and teacher in Houston hospitals and at Baylor College of Medicine.
Subjects: Baylor College of Medicine, Cullen Eye Institute, Women in medicine, Ray K. Daily MD
Baylor College of Medicine Cullen Eye Institute
Baylor College of Medicine records consists of curriculum guides, student handbooks, bulletins, catalogs, departmental reports, publications, directories, faculty rosters, pictorial rosters, alumni directories and newsletters, commencement programs, and yearbooks for Baylor College of Medicine, ranging from 1904 to 2005.
Baylor College of Medicine
The Beta Beta Houston records contains correspondence, ephemera, photos, scrapbooks and some realia that document the history of the Beta Beta Houston Chapter #648 at Texas Women's University (TWU), Region 6 of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing. The date range of the materials range is 1969-2011. The collection consists of 17 boxes equaling 17 cubic feet.
Texas Woman's University (TWU), College of Nursing began in the fall of 1954, received accreditation from the National League of Nursing in May 1958. Beta Beta Chapter was officially recognized as a chapter, by TWU, in October 1969. The inaugural inductions were held the spring of 1970. The mission of the organization is to support the learning knowledge, and professional development of nurses committed to making a difference in health worldwide. The society vision is to create a global community of nurses who lead in using knowledge, scholarship, service and learning to improve the health of the world’s people. [Source: Beta Beta Houston, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing. (2010). Retrieved from http://www.betabetahouston.org/ on November 5, 2011.]
Copyright restrictions may apply. Additional restrictions also apply, including the following: the archivist shall use discretion when open this material up for research. Some materials may be sensitive and may be restricted.
Subjects: Texas Woman's University, TWU School of Nursing, nursing, medical organization
Beta Beta Houston
The Children's Nutrition Research Center records contains annual Reports, Nutrition & Your Child, CNRC news July/August 1996, Nutrition for the Future, Advances in Research 1991, Facility Feasibility Study, and Brochures.
Children's Nutrition Research Center
The City of Houston Department of Public Health and Planning collection contains annual reports, Houston health objectives, Wards data book, AIDS 1991, epidemiology notes, HealthScape, vital statistics, AIDS surveillance report, Health of Houston, and other papers and printed materials.
Subjects: public health, HIV/AIDS
City of Houston Department of Public Health and Planning
The Diagnostic Clinic of Houston records contains the newsletter, The Diagnosis from 1985 and 1986.
The Diagnostic Clinic of Houston was established in 1957 when the nine founding members joined together to form a group practice. This organization was conceived in an attempt to provide the patients with the highest quality health care. (Source: http://www.diagnosticclinic.com/professionals-clinic-history)
Subjects: clinic, general practice
Diagnostic Clinic of Houston
The Doctor's Club records (IC 031) is 8 cubic feet and consists of 2 documents boxes and 2 oversize boxes and 14 artifacts. It contains a club profile, brochures, correspondence, programs and newsletters (Memos) from the years 1954 to 2002. In addition, the collection includes several past presidents' and club members' photographs, a photograph scrapboook and several scuptures by Robert Portus, a metal fabricator and artist from Grants Pass, OR (ObitTree. Found at https://obittree.com/obituary/us/oregon/grants-pass/stephens-family-chapel/robert-portus/628923 [Accessed May 3, 2018]). The materials are in good condition. One sculpture has minor damage.
The Doctors' Club
The Friends of the Texas Medical Center Library records contains the records of the Friends of the Texas Medical Center Library, including information about fundraising, business, and special events.
Subjects: HAM-TMC Library, Friends of the TMC Library.
Friends of the Texas Medical Center Library
The Greater Houston Hospital Council collection contains a hospital directory, council comments, annual reports, and newsletter.
Greater Houston Hospital Council
The Harris County Association of General Practice is a component branch of the American Academy of General Practice and the Texas Chapter of the American Academy of General Practice. Through the diligent efforts of Dr. Lyman C. Blair and others a charter was issued on July 23rd, 1948, thereby establishing the Harris County Chapter.
The collection documents the history of a local medical association and to some extent the attitudes with the field of general practice.
Harris County Academy of General Practice
The Harris County Health Department collection contains a disease control update, communicable disease report, news and views, epidemiology notes, Harris County Hospital District newsletter, annual reports, and ethnic distribution of census population report.
Subjects: public health, Harris County
Harris County Health Department
The Harris County Hospital District collection primarily consists of patient records, emergency room logbooks, tuberculosis logbooks, hospital operations logbooks, and baby logbooks. The collection also includes copies of The Beat and Progress newsletters, annual reports, records, telephone directories, employee handbooks, budget information, an eligibility procedure manual, and other printed material.
Harris County Hospital District
Harris County Medical Society records consists of about 14 boxes and contains financial, newspaper clippings, audio discs, digital roster CD, photographs, bound copies of Physicians Newsletter, pictorial rosters that document the history of the Harris County Medical Society.
Harris County Medical Society (Tex.)
The Harris County Psychiatric Center records contains a total of 2 boxes that consist of newsletters for the Harris County Psychiatric Center. 1989 – 2003. Total of 10 boxes that consist of faculty reprints, correspondence, newsletters, scrapbooks, annual reports, and administrative records that document the history, operations, and development of the University of Texas Health Science Center Houston (UTHSCH), Department of Psychiatry and Behavior Sciences (UT Psych), Mental Health Institute (MSI), Harris County Psychiatric Center (HCPC), Texas Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation (TDMHMR). 1950 – 2005. Newsletters include: Progress 1989-1994, Progress 1995, News January through September 1989.
Harris County Psychiatric Center
The Hermann Hospital Archive records consists of administrative records, founding documents, legal papers, maps, photographs, films, videos, oral histories, nursing school records, yearbooks, and artifacts ranging from the late 1800s to 1998 that document the creation, development, and history of Hermann Hospital, the first institution in what is now known as the Texas Medical Center. The materials document the long history of the hospital from its inception to the merger with Memorial Hospital System in 1997. Hermann Hospital Archives contains the institutional records of Hermann Hospital (1925-1997) as well as the Hermann Estate (1914-1985).
Real estate-related material from the Hermann Estate business offices, some of it predating the hospital, including professional correspondence, property deeds, copies of letters to tenants and lessees, maps, photographs of construction sites, and a salesman sample or miniature real estate sign (silk-screened metal, circa 1935) (1918-1950’s). Materials related to the construction of the hospital building including work orders, construction progress reports, and order forms and receipts for building materials (1920’s). There are some advertisements and information sheets from companies that supplied hospital and cafeteria equipment to the new hospital (x-ray machines, milk coolers, lighting, surgical implements, etc.) (1920’s). Copies of orders for medical supplies and alcohol permits from the Prohibition years. A small amount of material is related to the lawsuit filed by Hermann’s Swiss relatives over his bequest to the city. There are items dealing with daily operations in the earlier part of the century, including staff newsletters, letters of application for “cards” (permitted local doctors to see patients at the hospital even if they did not practice there full-time), administrative memos. Some material about the financial situation of the Estate and funding of the hospital, including accounting records, ledgers from the pre-hospital Estate, and legal papers (1910’s-1950’s). Staff publications, meeting minutes for various committees, board of trustees items (1940’s-1980’s). Oral History Project transcripts, 1992-1998.
There are photographs (originals or copies) of Houston in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries; of Mr. Hermann in his last years; of the hospital interior and exterior when it was new; of early nursing school graduation classes (ca. 1850-1930’s). Nursing school yearbooks, records, and a uniform (1940’s-1970’s). VHS tapes of relevant television specials, news reports, and educational programs for staff (1980’s). A sizable collection of patient registers and logbooks from various departments (1920’s-1980’s) including the register with the hospital’s first patients in 1925. Scrapbooks of staff photos and news clippings (1960’s-1980’s). There are large numbers of slides and photographs that document the history of LifeFlight and the work of Dr. James "Red" Duke (1970’s-1980’s). There is a small amount of realia including decorative plaques, awards, small commemorative items, and a mailbox from the old hospital building. A few boxes contain administrative papers (1980’s). One contains working papers of the Rice University Oral History Project.
A group of photographs equaling 12.5 cubic feet (25 boxes) were compiled for hospital publications by media relations staff in the mid to late 1980s. Most of the items are undated.
The collection is 481.5 cubic feet in size which includes 644 boxes. Materials are in good condition.
Hermann Hospital (Houston, Tex.)
The collection contains records from the George Hermann estate and from Hermann Hospital covering the years from circa 1900 to 2004. The condition of the materials range from endangered to good condition. Materials include correspondence, ledgers, memos, photographs, 35 mm slides, realia, and ephemera.
Subjects: hospitals, Hermann Hospital, Memorial/Hermann Hospital.
Hermann Hospital (Houston, Tex.)
The HGAC Agency collection contains applications for Hermann Hospital, St. Luke’s, TCH, THI, Gulf Coast dialysis Center, Methodist, VA Hospital, West Houston Dialysis Center, UT System Cancer Center, and Zimmerman Medical Clinic Dialysis Center. The collection also contains annual reports, general information, spectrum, health service plan, health system plan draft, project review report, copies of the Health Times, newsletters, directory (water damaged), the Area Agency on Aging bulletin, and other related prints.
Subjects: Government, Aging
Houston-Galveston Area Council
The HIV/AIDS Houston collection consists of 6 boxes that contain newspaper clippings, reprinted articles, correspondence, speeches, guidelines, printed material, and newletters that document the early research of AIDS and the impact of AIDS in the Houston area. The collection has several issues of HIV Treatment and RITA! (Research Initiative, Treatment Action) ranging from 2001-2007. The collection encompasses 1951 – 1995 with earlier materials related to studies on the spread of diseases, such as encephalomyelitis in mice. The collection is in fair condition with some water damage.
John P. McGovern Historical Collections & Research Center
Houston Academy of Medicine records consists of about 18 boxes and contains reports, financial and legal documents, correspondence, and printed material that document the history of the Houston Academy of Medicine.
Houston Academy of Medicine
Houston Academy of Medicine-Texas Medical Center Library records consist of about 135 boxes and contains photographs, scrapbooks, VHS tapes, reports, printed material, financial documents, correspondence, architectural drawings, and surveys that document the history of HAM-TMC Library. [Subjects: HAM-TMC Library]
Houston Academy of Medicine-Texas Medical Center Library
The Houston Alliance for the Mentally Ill/NAMI Houston records contains Houston AMI newsletters, 1990-1999 (incomplete). The collection consists of 1 box equaling 0.25 cubic feet.
Subjects: Houston Alliance for the Mentally Ill, Mental health
Houston Alliance for the Mentally Ill/NAMI Houston
The vast majority of the Houston Area Parkinson Society records consists of “HAPS Happenings” Newsletters; issues from 1977 to 2018 are included. Also contained in the first folder is a letter regarding membership by President Robert K. Fowler (1988) and a notice of movement of offices (undated).
Houston Area Parkinson Society
The Houston District Dental Society records contains pictorial rosters.
Subjects: dentists, advertisements, marketing, dental instrumentation suppliers
Greater Houston Dental Society
The Houston Medical Digest records (IC 082) comprises several years of Houston Medical Digest newspaper, 1978-1985 (incomplete). The collection consists of 1 oversize box equaling 1.5 cubic feet.
Houston Medical Digest
The Houston Psychological Association records comprises HPA newsletter Highlights from 1990-1991, 1992-1993, 1994-1997.
Subjects: Medical Organization.
Houston Psychological Association
Houston School for Deaf Children records contains various issues of the publication "The Voice" published by the Houston School for Deaf Children.
Houston School for Deaf Children
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute collection contains annual reports, research in progress reports, grants for science education, and annual scientific reports.
Subjects: directories, annual reports, grants
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
The Institute of Religion records (IC 016) is .5 cubic foot and consists of 1 document box. It contains formation and scope documents, newsletters, correspondence, pamphlets and news clippings related to the early years of the Institue of Religion, now the Institute of Spirituality and Health. The materials are in good condition.
Institute of Religion (Houston, Tex.)
The John P. McGovern Museum Health and Medical Sciences collection is an artificial collection of ephemera from the John P. McGovern Museum of Health and Medical Science. The ephemera includes a publication called "Headlines," and other printed material. The material was acquired by the McGovern Historical Collections staff. The material covers the years 1998 to 2007. The collection consists of 0.5 cubic feet (1 box).
Subjects: John P. McGovern Museum of Health and Medical Science.
John P. McGovern Museum of Health and Medical Sciences
The Junior League of Houston Children’s Clinic collection contains articles, brochures, pamphlets, issues of Watch Magazine from 1955-1966, and newspaper clippings.
Subjects: pediatrics, medical rehabilitation
Junior League of Houston Children's Clinic
The Medical Arts Publishing Foundation records equal 86 cubic feet and contain roughly 1100 items of artwork plus administrative records. Items are housed in 17 document boxes, 49 oversize boxes, map drawer, and framed items. It consists of drawings, paintings, sketches, printed images, and artist notes depicting historical and 20th century figures in the history of cardiology, cancer research, psychiatry, and Texas medicine. The records and artwork demonstrate the artistry, planning, production, and evolution of an art department for a magazine publishing company from 1948 - 1980.
Medical Arts Publishing Foundation
The Medical World News Photograph Collection (IC 077) predominantly consists of photographic prints, negatives, and transparencies that document the production of a premiere medical news magazine. The collection contains most of the images published in the magazine from 1967-1985. In addition, there are many more unpublished 35mm negative footage dating back to 1963. Through biographical files, subject files, article files, raw negative footage, and color transparencies, the collection offers an expansive visual tour of medical advances from 1960-1988. There are images from 8,198 articles. The biographical files and subjects files have reproduced photographs that pre-date the publication with content as early as 1904. These images were mostly provided by other agencies to illustrate an article or medical news item. Images dated before 1960 are assumed to be reproductions. Color 35mm slides and larger format transparencies were used to illustrate cover stories and other features. The collection also includes article drafts, interview transcripts, and other source material for at least twelve of the magazine’s cover stories from 1978-1979.
The collection is estimated to have roughly 500,000 images, and it is comprised of 22,003 folders within 424 document boxes and 8 oversize boxes, equaling 218 cubic feet. Materials are in good condition.
To complement the collection, the archive maintains a complete set of Medical World News from 1960-1994.
Medical World News
The Memorial Hospital Photograph Collection contains 4039 photographic prints and negatives from 1903 to 1976 that chronicle the long history of the Memorial Hospital System (originally Baptist Sanitarium and Hospital). The photographs depict the staff, physicians, personnel, departments, nursing school students, faculty and Lillie Jolly (director), facilities and building construction of the Memorial Hospital System. The earliest dated photograph is the only nitrate negative (P-3387). It depicts Louisville Male High School graduating class of 1903, which includes Roger Jolly. It is in good condition. There is a separate series of about 31 photographs donated by Lela Smith Hickey that depict the nurses, nursing students, physicians, and facilities of Memorial Hospital in 1932, including the operating room supervisor “Birdie” Byrd. The entire collection equals 3.5 cubic feet and includes 7 boxes. Materials are in good condition.
Memorial Hospital System
The Memorial Hospital System records (IC 022) contains photographs, scrapbooks, M news, Memorial Foundation News in Partnership, Margaret Ophelia Neal trust, WWI photo album, student nurses hospital scenes, Caducean (some water damage to paper), publications, telephone directory, news clippings, press releases, histories, hospital rules, donors, catalogs, handbooks, poster of “This Magic Moment”, and other papers and printed materials. The photographs in this collection document the history of the Memorial Hospital System from its beginnings, especially the history of the nursing school, dating back to 1907. The collection equals 15.75 cubic feet and consists 23 boxes, including 9 oversize. The materials are in good condition.
Memorial Hospital System
Memorial/Hermann Healthcare System records consists of newsletters, magazines, a phone directory and news items. None of the boxes are full so the entire collection is about 0.5 cubic feet.
Photographs related to LifeFlight have be digitized and stored in the collection's digital control folder.
Memorial/Hermann Healthcare System
The Menninger collection comprises medical realia, publications, and ephemera from the Menninger Clinic and its former owners. The collection illustrates the evolution of the science of psychiatry and psychiatric treatment as seen through the eyes of America's first family of psychiatry, the Menningers, who opened its eponymous clinic in Topeka, Kansas, in 1925. Objects in the collection date as far back as 1854 through 2003, the year the clinic and its archive moved to Houston.
The collection is maintained in the McGovern Historical Collections and Research Center at the Houston Academy of Medicine-Texas Medical Center Library. The bulk of the collection has been processed at box and folder level. Most of the realia has be processed at the item level due to the nature of the materials.
Please note that the collection includes a Menninger museum register of realia. Items in this finding aid with numbers included in their description may be referenced in the museum register. The register is located in the IC 78 control folder. Please consult an archivist.
The bulk of the collection is in good condition and consists of 84 cubic feet (123 boxes).
The Methodist Hospital records contains materials from the Methodist Hospital and the Bluebird Circle covering the years from the 1940s into the 1990s. The materials are generally in good condition. Materials include newsletters, news clippings, minutes, press releases, article drafts, scrapbooks, general historical information, photographs, sound recordings, and brochures. The Methodist Hospital History Project is included in this collection but was donated complete and has its own inventory.
Subjects: Methodist Hospital, hospitals.
Methodist Hospital (Houston, Tex.)
The National Heart and Blood Vessel Research & Demonstration Center records contains a directory, bulletins, reports, and other various printed material related to the National Heart and Blood Vessel Research & Demonstration Center. The National Heart and Blood Vessel Research and Demonstration Center was established January 1, 1975, at Baylor College of Medicine, by the National Heart and Lung Institute, National Institutes of Health. The Center existed from 1975 through 1982, and research conducted at the Center resulted in nearly 800 publications. Reprints of these publications form the bulk of this collection, which measures four and one half linear feet. Also included are the Center's annual reports from 1975 to 1982 and copies of the Cardiovascular Research Center Bulletin, Baylor College of Medicine, from 1975 to 1983.
Subjects: Cardiovascular, Heart Diseases, Baylor College of Medicine
National Heart and Blood Vessel Research & Demonstration Center
Postgraduate Medical Assembly of South Texas records consists of about 27 boxes and contains correspondence, financial records, issues of Medical Records and Annals, printed material, meeting minutes, memberships, Medical Assembly of South Texas, ink stamps, and registration logs that document the history of the Postgraduate Medical Assembly of South Texas.
Postgraduate Medical Assembly of South Texas
The Richard Wainerdi's Texas Medical Center Memorabilia Collection consists of realia (three-dimensional objects) presented to Richard Wainerdi during his tenure as president of the Texas Medical Center, a position he held from 1984 to December 2012. The realia includes numerous scrolls, fabrics, desktop items such as paper weights. pen sets, commemorative plaques, ceramic, toy-like models and other objects. The realia comes from Houston-area institutions and businesses as well as numerous international organizations. The collection was donated to the TMC Library by TMC Inc. office of the president in September 2013.
Wainerdi, Richard E.
The Robert Welch Foundation records contains annual reports, Conferences on Chemical Research (books), and programs.
Subjects: biology, chemistry
Robert Welch Foundation
The Ronald McDonald House, Houston records contains correspondence, invitations, benefits, Herald Oncology Services of Texas, Inc., friends of the Ronald McDonald House, and love notes.
Subjects: Support Services
Ronald McDonald House, Houston
The San Jacinto Lung Association records include correspondence, legal documents, budgets, tuberculosis statistics, committee reports and minutes, printed materials, scrapbooks, articles, christmas seals, and photographs that document the history, community services, staff and administration of the San Jacinto Lung Association. Most notably, the collection highlights the organization’s public health programs to prevent and control tuberculosis as well as its Christmas Seal fundraising campaigns.
The materials are arranged in three series: Organization Records (1911-1993), Photographs (1895-1969), and Scrapbooks (1924-1974). The collection equals 13 cubic feet (12 document and oversize boxes).The materials are in fair condition. Some items were damaged or lost during the flood caused by Tropical Storm Allison in 2001.
San Jacinto Lung Association
The Seybold Foundation and Clinic records contains Progress notes, invitations, issue of Kaleidoscope, Health Bulletin, professional staff directory, health report, selling clinic property, announcements, brochures, newscope, news and narrative, healthy business, K-S review, and closed grants.
Subjects: clinics, group medical practice
The Shriner's Hospital for Crippled Children collection contains issues of "Between Us" form dates 1989 to 2006, and Memorandum of Agreement Stipulation September 2003.
Subjects: pediatrics, hospital
Shriner's Hospital for Crippled Children
The Sigma Xi collection comprises correspondence, newsletters, booklets, reports, manuals, directories, annual reports, meeting notes, bylaws, agendas, mailing list, applications for grants, science fair, awards, and other papers and printed materials from or related to Sigma Xi. (boxes 9 and 10 have some water damaged material)
Subjects: Medical Organization.
Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society of North America
The Society for Academic Continuing Medical Education (SACME) records contains newsletters, publications, and correspondence related to the organization and activities of SACME. Papers in Series I: print-outs of information from the SACME website (www.sacme.org); information from members about the Society's history; copies of incorporation papers, bylaws, non-profit determination; tax information; miscellaneous brochures and blank letterhead; artifacts; copies of INTERCOM; and information about the origin of the Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions.
Papers in Series II: correspondence; meeting materials including minutes, committee reports; membership information; and reports or surveys.
Series III contains publications produced by SACME from 1983-2010 as well as some books donated by Dr. Dennis Wentz.
The collection is 18 cubic feet and consists of 21 boxes and one oversize docuement. The materials are in good condition.
Society for Academic Continuing Medical Education
This collection contains the records of the South Central Academic Medical Libraries Consortium (SCAMeL) from 1981-2013, with the bulk dating 1981-2004. Many of the records relate to or appear to have been gathered in preparation for the semi-annual SCAMeL Board of Directors meetings. Examples of documents included are bylaws, agendas, meeting minutes, budgets, member surveys, correspondence, and reports from various groups. Also present are data and discussion on various library programs such as interlibrary loan supported by the organization or otherwise of interest to members.
In the early portions of the collection, there is discussion of the rationale for creating the organization, as well as its role relative to other entities. The TALON (Texas Arkansas Louisiana Oklahoma New Mexico) Regional Medical Library Program is frequently referenced.
Coordination of collections and services across libraries is a theme throughout the collection. There are materials regarding topics such as Interlibrary Loan, the Union List of Serials, the Cooperative Acquisitions Program, and the Nonprint Media Catalog. Similarly, a group of records in the second series focuses on the work of the Serials Advisory Committee, Information Resources Committee, and Collection Development Group.
South Central Academic Medical Libraries Consortium
The South Central Chapter of the Medical Library Association records (SCC/MLA) contain organizational history, photographs, bylaws, reports, policies, annual meeting records, executive board records, meeting minutes, committee documents, local arrangements materials, membership directories, procedure manuals, newsletters, oral histories, and digital media. The collection documents the activities, people, membership, leaders, and committee work of the SCC/MLA, a professional organization of medical librarians and libraries. Materials also include records related to the Hospital Library Interest Section, Texas Council of Health Libraries, and South Central Academic Medical Libraries (SCAMeL) Consortium. The collection consists of 39 boxes and equals 20 cubic feet with more materials added annually. Materials are in good condition.
Medical Library Association. South Central Regional Group
South Main Center Association records consists primarily of South Main Center Association newsletters (issues from 1978 to 1993). The newsletter focuses on urban and economic development, as well as general community events and news regarding local schools and government in the South Main Street Area. Also included are issues of the SMCA “Summit Bulletin” from Feb. to June/July 1990.
The first and last folders contain miscellaneous items. There are various letters of invitation, ranging in date from 1982 to 1992, to attend organizational meetings. These letters are addressed to Elizabeth White at the HAM-TMC library and mention noted guest speakers. Also contained are financial statements and annual reports from ’77, ‘79-’80, ’80-’81, ’81-’82 and ‘86. The first and last folders contain folders which provide information regarding the purpose of the SMCA and letters of invitation to a reception honoring the establishment of the organization.
Subjects: civic organization
South Main Center Association
The Spina Bifida Association of Texas records contains copies of Chapter Round-Up from 1985-1986.
Subjects: support group
Spina Bifida Association of Texas, Inc.-Houston Chapter
The St. Joseph’s Hospital records contains newsletters, By-laws, reports, facts, brochures, and materials for the Stehlin Foundation. Newsletters in the collection include: Rosary, Discover, Physicians’ newsletter, DRG, Pulse, Focus, and House Call. Inclusive date ranges 1928-1997, bulk dates 1983-1997.
St. Joseph Hospital (Houston, Tex.)
St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital, now known as Baylor St Luke’s Medical Center in CHI St. Luke’s Health Center was established in 1962 by Denton A Cooley. The materials are generally in good condition. The collection contains newsletters, directories and rosters, bylaws, brochures, and 6mm films.
St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital (Houston, Tex.)
The Stroke Group of Texas records contains letters, announcements, and newsletters from 1982 to 1990.
Subjects: Support Groups
Stroke Group of Texas
Texas Children's Hospital Historical Archives contains 10 cubic feet of processed material and 79 boxes of unprocessed material. The later is labeled as the TCH Historical Archives and arrived in the HRC in 2008.
Subjects: Hospital, Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children's Hospital
The Texas Hadassah Medical Research Foundation consists of one scrapbook and a recorded interview/conversation with Debbie Goldberg that document the work of the organization, which was part of Baylor College of Medicine during the late-1990s and early 2000s. The organization, led in part by Dr. Armin Weinberg, provided medical supplies, cross-cultural collaboration and professional exchanges with Israel, Palestine, Kazakhstan, Russia, and other nations. An important part of its work dealt with radiation effects and events, like Chernobyl and atomic test sites in Kazakhstan. The organization developed the Cancer Registry of survivors of radiation events.
The collection also contains photographs and printed materials related to Debbie Goldberg's work coordinating the shipment of medical supplies to Israel, Palestine, and Kazakhstan.
Accruals are expected for this collection. Materials related to the operations, administration, projects, and people of the Texas Hadassah medical Research Foundation.
Subjects: Radiation Effects & Events, Baylor College of Medicine
Texas Hadassah Medical Research Foundation
The Texas Health Care Association records is very small and consists only of the October/November 1985 and December/January 1985-1986 issues of "Caring", the news magazine of the Texas Health Care Association.
Texas Health Care Association
The Texas Healthcare Facilities Postcard Collection consists of three boxes totaling one cubic foot containing postcards from various Texas healthcare facilities labeled A-Z. Many, if not all, postcards have been digitized. Reproductions have also been made on 35mm slides.
John P. McGovern Historical Collections & Research Center
The Texas Heart Institute Film Collection contains 277 reels of 16mm film and 86 videotapes. It consists of final distributed films as well as work prints, camera original footage, and other production elements. Video tapes of film transfers can also be found in the collection The majority of films were produced within the Texas Medical Center. This collection contains films related to heart surgery at the Texas Medical Center, primarily during the 1960s and 1970s. Films are typically instructional with brief surgical and case histories at the beginning. The films follow the surgery step-by-step with voice over narration and diagrams inserted to illustrate the process and techniques used. There is a brief follow-up at the end, sometimes including statistical information on patient outcomes for similar surgeries. Sixty-eight films have been digitized and are available for research access.
The collection documents surgeries performed by Dr. Denton Arthur Cooley and his associates in the Texas Medical Center. The collection ranges from the years 1956 to 1993 and consists of 38 cubic feet (277 film reels). It consists of 16mm composite film prints (prints with both image and soundtrack printed onto the film), 16mm optical soundtrack negatives, and 16mm and 8mm magnetic soundtracks, or magnetic tracks. All of the film prints and optical soundtracks are acetate or polyester stock. The composite prints are available in the English, French, German, and Spanish languages. Dr. Denton A. Cooley (1920-2016 ) was a pioneer in the field of heart surgery. Cooley founded the Texas Heart Institute in 1962. Cooley performed the first successful human heart transplant in 1968 and implanted the first artificial heart in man in 1969. His mentor and later colleague was Dr. Michael DeBakey (1908-2008), the cardiac surgeon who revolutionized the surgical treatment of aneurysms and performed the first successful coronary bypass in 1964. The collection occupies 38 cubic feet contains 277 film cans and boxes, some of which contain multiple reels.
Subjects: Texas Heart Institute, Denton Cooley, Heart Surgery
Texas Heart Institute
Texas Medical Association 116th Annual Conference Video Collection contains video cassettes documenting the House of Delegate elections and panels of the 116th Annual Conference of the Texas Medical Association, which occurred in Houston in May 1983.
Items found with other audiovisual materials in the archive. Many of these materials circulated through the audiovisual department. The collection appears complete and unique, and it offers documentation of the event. The content was produced by the communication department of UT Health Science Center Houston.
Subjects: Texas Medical Association
Texas Medical Association
The Texas Medical Center (TMC) Historical Resources Project records contain video oral histories of notable personalities associated with or visiting the TMC. The initial group of interviews focuses on individuals involved in the founding or early days of the TMC. Later “video profiles” also include significant visitors to the TMC. Several of these feature national and international figures in cancer research on their visits to Houston. In total the collection features thirty-eight individuals.
Don Macon, Director of the TMC Historical Resources Project, serves as interviewer in all but one of the recordings. The interviews are all staged as one-on-one conversations, with the exception of Macon's interview of Isaac Berenblum and Philippe Shubik. A typical interview begins with some biographical information about the interviewee, followed by accounts of their careers and, where appropriate, their involvement with the Texas Medical Center. Recordings each tend to be approximately 30-60 minutes long; the shortest interview is about 18 minutes, with the longest being 2 hours and 18 minutes.
The bulk of the interviews took place from 1973-1978. There are also interviews from 1982, 1988, and 1991. Most if not all of the interviews were recorded in the studio at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center. Most are attributed to MDA-TV, Department of Medical Communications. Some later interviews are attributed to UT-TV.
The conversations featuring thirty-eight different interviewees are spread across nearly one hundred tapes. Some interviews are divided into multiple segments, while many tapes are duplications.
The videotapes are primarily 3/4" U-Matic, though there are also some VHS tapes. There are many original master recordings, as well as duplicates on a variety of media--including a dozen interviews transferred to DVDs.
The level of detail in the descriptions varies across recordings. The collection includes contemporary typed transcripts for the first ten interviews from 1973. The MHC has created computer-generated transcripts for a handful of other interviews. Thirteen interviews have detailed descriptions with timecodes and summaries of content being discussed. The remaining interviews have paragraph-length descriptions transcribed from the original tapes or their cases.
Texas Medical Center Historical Resources Project
The Texas Medical Center Nursing Education Consortium records contains by-laws and meeting minutes from the Texas Medical Center Nursing Education Consortium.
Texas Medical Center Nursing Education Consortium
The Texas Medical Center records include TMC charter material, correspondence, committee minutes, interviews and transcripts, photographs and slides, budgetary information, newspapers and clippings, research material for books, surveys, materials related to TMC events and visitors, films and audiocassettes, brochures, architectural renderings, guidebooks and directories, and maps. The materials date from the 1900s to the present. The collection also includes the papers of Mary Schiflett who held leadership positions in the TMC from 1970-2009. The collection has been processed at box and folder level. The material is generally in good condition and consists of 39 cubic feet totaling 93 boxes.
Texas Medical Center
The Texas Medical Center (TMC) Photograph Collection contains photographic materials that document the growth and development of the TMC from the 1930s to 1980s. The collection consists of 2525 items and includes photographic prints, aerial photographs, negatives, transparencies and printed materials. The materials depict the institutions of the TMC, their staff, facilities, services, and patient care. Images show buildings and their construction as well as some photographic copies of architectural renderings. Aerial photographs from the 1940s to 1980s show the TMC grow from marshland to an urban center. The collection provides images of the leaders and historical figures that shaped the TMC from concept to reality. The collection totals 7 boxes, equaling 3.5 cubic feet. The materials are in good condition.
Texas Medical Center
The Texas Medical Foundation records contain newsletters distributed by company. Newsletter titles are Peer Review Updates from 1985-1986 and Progress Notes from 1985-1989.
TMF was chartered in 1971 as a private, nonprofit organization of licensed physicians (MDs and DOs) to lead quality improvement and medical review efforts in Texas. Originally known as the Texas Medical Foundation, the company changed its name to TMF Health Quality Institute in 2005 to reflect the expansion of its work throughout the nation. (Source: https://www.tmf.org/Company-Information/Company-Overview)
Subjects: peer review organization
Texas Medical Foundation
The Texas Nurses' Association District 9 collection includes financial records and receipts, meeting minutes, planning material for conferences and workshops, newsletters, correspondence, reports, surveys, and historical material from the early years of the Texas Nurses' Association.
Texas Nurses Association District 9
The Texas Nurses Association records contains copies of The Advocate newsletter from 1986-1994, Nursing in the Houston Area manuscript, nursing practice survey, capsule 1984, 1993 roster and board of directors. The collection consists of 2 boxes totaling I cubic foot of various paper materials. Copies of The Advocate newsletter sustained some water damage.
Texas Nurses Association
The TRIMs collection contains annual reports, annual financial reports, audit reports, highlights, news clippings and articles, constitution, bylaws, rules and regulations, dedication, publicity, linkages, correspondence, administration, organization of clinical services and committees, library information, audio visual, public information, communications, volunteer services, donations, program change proposals and approvals, evaluations, research advisory council, medical advisory committee, commissioners annual review, legislature visit to medical center, statistical information, comprehensive health planning, medical records, contracts, agreements, memos, manuals, salary increases, equal employment opportunity information and complaints, active medical staff, personnel, incidents, grievances, client abuse reports, travel reports, construction projects, minutes, reports of grants and donations, and other printed material related to the Texas Research institute of Mental Sciences. The collection also contains a DSM III training guide, Graduate Medical Education announcements, animal facility annual reports, animal colony reports, and other bound materials that have sustained water damage.
Subjects: Mental Sciences, Psychiatry
Texas Research Institute of Mental Sciences
The Texas Society for Child Psychiatry records contains correspondence, minutes for years 1966-1984, roster of mailing list from 1972 to 1982, and other papers and printed materials relating to the Texas Society for Child Psychiatry.
Texas Society for Child Psychiatry
The Texas State Board of Medical Examiners collection consists primarily of licensure records for more than 6,000 Texas physicians. The license applications and related materials date from 1907 to 1972. A typical doctor's file contains biographical information, licensure applications, registration cards, some correspondence, and usually a photograph. In addition to these files, there are two additional boxes of registration cards that are not accompanied by supplemental information. The collection also contains newsletters, a directory, and lists of doctors newly licensed, which date from 1979-2008.
The physicians documented in this collection were either licensed to practice medicine in Texas in 1907 or applied for licenses or license renewals after 1907 and up to 1972. The files include information on physicians from a variety of medical backgrounds. Many of the doctors practiced traditional medicine as well as osteopathy, but some licenses were issued to doctors trained in eclectic medicine and other non-traditional forms.
Dates provided in the inventory reflect the full range of dates noted in a given doctor's file. They are roughly, but not always exactly, analogous to the doctor's lifespan. The first date given is typically the doctor's birth year, according to the licensure application. The later date may be a death date. However, in some cases it may be the latest date that the license was renewed, or the date when the Board determined that the physician was deceased (sometimes years after the actual death date).
Texas State Board of Medical Examiners
The Texas Women’s University collection contains profiles of TWU, bulletins, brochures, report on New Nurse Practice Act, faculty and staff roster, invitations, applications, Student Honors Convocation Programs, catalogs, campus numbers, newsletters, TWU magazines, and other papers and printed material from years 1958-2001.
Texas Woman's University
This Texas-Mexico Border and Acres Home Project records contains binders and bound compilations of data, notebooks and manuals for health-care workers. The collection consists of 3 boxes equaling 2 cubic feet. The materials are in good condition.
Subjects: UT, UT Health Science Center at Houston, Kathleen Becan-Mcbride, public health
Texas-Mexico Border and Acres Home Project
The Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center collection contains publicity, an update for board members, activities reports, board folder materials, correspondence, financial statements, and other related paper materials.
Subjects: Blood Center
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
The Institute for Rehabilitation and Research collection contains slides, Department of rehabilitation annual reports, The Spinal Connection, TIRR year in review, Midweek newsletter, Connection newsletter, TIRR annual report, Southwestern Poliomyelitis Respiratory Center Administrative reports, Scoliosis Paul R. Harrington, issues of Promethean, Rehabilitation Research and Training Center reports, rehabilitation engineering center, regional spinal cord injury center, vocational industrial center, teaching grant, directories, bibliography, nursing manual, total parenteral nutrition protocol, Baylor College of Medicine Department of Rehabilitation annual reports, various serial titles (single issues), administrative policies, telephone directories, Rehabilitation Voice magazine, Kaleidoscope newsletter, brochures, photos, and press packets, TIRR manuals, compendium report of spinal cord injury educational resources audiovisuals and unpublished written materials, TIRR spinal cord injury program, various dissertations, various articles, research info, PR photos, and other related printed materials.
Institute for Rehabilitation and Research (Houston, Tex.)
The Women’s Fund for Health, Education, and Research records contains Impressions, invitations, correspondence, H.E.R, and newsletters.
Women's Fund for Health, Education, and Research
The TMC Library Historical Photograph Collection contains photographs, negatives, slides, published prints, printed materials, postcards, framed images, audiovisual materials, and a plaque. The collection consists of roughly 5300 items, which includes individual 35mm slides, 35mm negatives, 120 format negatives, photographic prints, and other printed materials. This is an artificial collection of several types of images collected by or donated to the McGovern Historical Center (MHC) through the years. The bulk of the materials date from 1940 to 1990. The entire collection depicts images from 1543 to 2004. The earliest date is related to copy photographs of pages from the 1543 edition of the Fabrica by Andreas Vesalius. Other early dates are framed prints of well-known medical pioneers from the 17th, 18th, and 19th Centuries. Some dates describe the date of the copy photograph others describe the date of the original image. The collection illustrates the history of medicine around the world and more acutely the Texas Medical Center and Texas Medical Center Library. Majority of the materials have been removed from this collection and incorporated into the original collections or new collections based on the donor records.
The collection is arranged into three series: Cataloged Photographs, Subject Photographs, and Oversize and Audiovisual Materials. Subject Photographs are arranged in files according to subject and then in alphabetical order. Subject terms used are as follows (in order): Attractions Photos, Building Photos, Event Photos, Individual Photos, Institutions and Organizations, Medical Equipment and Apparatus, and Surgical, Anatomical, and Medical Photos.
The collection was created to consolidate various photographs and images collected by the archive staff. Many were cataloged and assigned identification numbers (P-### for prints or N-### for negatives). These photographs were originally donated. The donor information in the card catalog was used to either create new photograph collections or incorporate into existing collections. This collection is comprised of the remaining items. Information about donors, if known, is available in the inventory. Uncataloged photographs were organized into general subjects and kept in alphabetical order. Oversize materials maintain the same identification number system and subjects. To increase discoverability of all archival materials, the collection was expanded to include materials with no known provenance. This includes framed items stored in the Garment Artifacts and Framed (GAF) section as well as audiovisual materials.
John P. McGovern Historical Collections & Research Center
The University of Houston School of Pharmacy records contains brochures, Alumni InPharmation, registration materials, calendars, and other paper materials from the University of Houston School of Pharmacology.
Subjects: Pharmocology, UH
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
The University of Texas Dental Branch records includes historical information from 1906-1997 about the University of Texas Dental Branch formerly known as the Texas Dental College. The collection includes items such as photographs and elevation drawings for the building that was built in the 1950s. The collection also includes information about the accreditation of the school as well as it's curriculum. Curriculum resources include teacher guides, study materials, and course catalogs and schedules.
The collection also directories from UT Dental Branch as well as Texas Dental Journal and Houston District Dental Society. There is information on student graduation dating back to 1906. There is ephemera from various school events such as ground breaking, centennial celebration, and various guest speakers. There are publications in this collection including handbooks, student guides, brochures, video tape catalogs and research manuals. There are articles, library history, memorandums and information about the law that govern dentistry.
This collection is in good condition, consisting of 9.75 cubic feet (20 Boxes).
University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston
The University of Texas Faculty Wives collection comprises artwork, photographs, bylaws, meeting minutes, financial records, material related to event organization, some digital media, brochures, newsletters, financial records, and correspondence from the ladies' organization associated with the UT Medical School (Health Science Center at Houston), from the 1970s into the 2010s.
University of Texas Faculty Wives
The University of Texas Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences records contain strategic plans, directories, policies manual, news, pictorial rosters, laboratory descriptions, Metabolism the Process of Life, catalogs, correspondence, What Goes On, annual reports. Quarterly progress reports, and dissertations.
University of Texas Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences at Houston
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston records consists of about 89 boxes and contains financial documents, printed material, reports, VHS tapes, correspondence, meeting minutes, issues of Monday Morning and The Leader, presentation, t-shirts, NRC Newsletter and Bevo Bulletin that document the history of University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Nursing, Center on Aging records consists of four processed boxes and eighteen unprocessed boxes. The processed portion of the collection contains papers relating to the Joseph C. Sr. and Selenia E. Valley Conference. There are photos, papers, memos, and ephemera related to the Valley Conference. The Valley conference was an annual event in September to improve the quality of care for older adults by providing access to elder care innovations to community caregivers. The Valley family history is also included in this collection.
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. Center on Aging
The UT MD Anderson Cancer Center records contains newsletters, articles on Neoplasia, annual reports, staff directories, publications, nursing neogram, research protocols, statistics, committee reports, Dr. Clark’s retirement comments, policies, employee handbooks, clinical training grants, internal reviews, printed materials, academic plans, research reports, and Christmas card project dating from 1946-2000.
Subjects: UT, University of Texas, Cancer
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
University of Texas Medical School records primarily consists of newsletters like Scoop, IATRO year books, annual reports, directories for consultation referrals, and other types of ephemera. The collection roughly dates from 1979 to 2011. The collection is in good condition and consists of 12 cubic feet (29 boxes).
University of Texas Medical School at Houston
The University of Texas School of Allied Health Sciences contains catalogs, admission applications, newsletters, and brochures.
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. School of Allied Health Sciences
PARTNERS was organized in 1994 to support and encourage the students and faculty of The University of Texas School of Nursing at Houston. PARTNERS raises funds through memberships and events to provide nursing scholarships and faculty research grants.
Subjects: Nursing, scholarships, finance, faculty support
University of Texas School of Nursing PARTNERS
This collection consists of records including catalogs, brochures, annual report, six-year plan, 1979 roster, and information memorandum from the University of Texas, School of Nursing The materials were created between 1978-2006.
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. School of Nursing
The University of Texas School of Public Health (SPH) records contains records from the School, as well as related programs and topics. The majority of the collection is made up of copies of the SPH Calendar from 1978-1983 and the SPH Catalog from 1971-1995. Also included are photographic rosters, announcements, and other printed materials. There are several reports connected to programs, seminars, or research. There is also one VHS Tape containing the 2000 James H. Steele Lecture on the topic of "Bioterrorism."
Materials in the collection date from approximately 1967 to 2008. The bulk of the materials were created between 1970 and 1995.
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. School of Public Health
The University of Texas Speech and Hearing Institute records contains annual reports, information booklets, catalogs, brochures, reports, budget documents, and advisory board information. There are also three scrapbooks--one with contents from approximately 1964-1967, one from approximately 1973-1974, one from approximately 1991-1992. There are a number of photographs and newspaper clippings in the scrapbooks, whose pages have been dis-bound and placed in individual folders. Finally, the collection includes plaques, paperweights, and two VHS tapes.
The materials in the collection range in date from approximately 1960 to 1992. The materials from 1960 to 1971 relate to the Houston Speech and Hearing Center, while the materials from 1971 to 1992 reflect its time as part of the University of Texas as the Speech and Hearing Institute.
University of Texas Speech and Hearing Institute
The University of Texas, Division of Continuing Education records contains budgets, grant requests, residency programs, faculty and staff, and other materials pertaining to the Post Graduate School of Medicine, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, and Division of Continuing Education from 1950-1981.
Subjects: medical education, financial information, biology
University of Texas Division of Continuing Education
University of Texas-Houston Health Science Center Internal Medicine Grand Rounds videos consists of videos of Grand Rounds and the Clinicopathologic Conference (CPC) from the Department of Internal Medicine in the University of Texas Medical School at Houston.
The department provides for the education of students, physicians, and the public in the field of biomedical knowledge. The department provides clinical education, fosters research, and through its clinical services provides patient care ranging from primary to subspeciality care. The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston was created by the UT System Board of Regents and supported by the Texas Legislature in 1972. Located in the world-renowned Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas, the school is primarily a graduate education university focusing on the health sciences. The Department of Internal Medicine offers clinical education programs in the following areas: cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, general internal medicine, hematology, infectious diseases, medical genetics, oncology, pulmonary and critical care medicine,renal diseases and hypertension, rheumatology and clinical immunogenetics.
Traditionally, Grand Rounds consist of presenting the medical problems and treatment of a particular patient to an audience consisting of doctors, residents, and medical students. The Grand Rounds in this collection are like a lecture series with a range of medical-related topics from the history of medicine to current treatments and knowledge about specific diseases.
Also included in this collection are tapes of the Clinicopathologic Conference (CPC) series. CPC is the well established abbreviation for Clinicopathological Conference. However, it also can stand for the process of clinicopathological correlation. The CPC conference is a time-honored interdepartmental and interdisciplinary approach in which a patient’s clinical findings and course are presented, followed by a discussion usually focused on the differential diagnosis by a knowledgeable clinician, followed by the presentation of the pathological findings by a pathologist, culminating in a general discussion. The goal is to provide increased understanding of diseases by correlation of clinical and pathological findings.
These videos are in good condition. The collection covers the years 1990-2002. This is a box level inventory. Only a date range is given for the videos. There is no other descriptive information. The videos are in VHS format. There are 6.5 cubic feet (13 boxes).
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
The VA Hospital collection contains telephone directories, dedication, groundbreaking pamphlets and programs, and other related papers and prints.
Subjects: veterans, hospital, VA
Veteran's Administration Hospital (Houston, Tex.)
Visiting Nurse Association of Houston, Inc. records consists of one newsletter from Fall 1985.
Visiting Nurse Association of Houston, Inc.
The Women's Hospital of Texas records consists of newsletters and promotional publications.
Subjects: childbirth, women's health, gynecology
Woman's Hospital of Texas
The Women's Auxiliary to Texas Children' Hospital (WATCH) records is 55 cubic feet and consists of 17 documents boxes and 63 oversize boxes. The collection documents the history and activities of the volunteer services organization for Texas Children's Hospital in Houston, Texas. The collection contains photographs, audiovisual materials, meeting minutes, meeting notes, organizational handbooks, publications, and scrapbooks. The collection includes 83 scrapbooks that date from 1954 to 2014. The collection is 55 cubic feet in size and materials are in good condition.
Women's Auxiliary to Texas Children's Hospital