検索結果:58件

アーカイブズ記述
Bertner, Ernst William With digital objects
印刷プレビュー Hierarchy 表示:

Texas Medical Center Dedicatory Dinner Menu and Program

Texas Medical Center Dedicatory Dinner Menu and Program, also featuring a map of the Texas Medical Center. Program includes Invocation by Rev. T. P. O'Rourke; Purposes and Influences of Medical Centers by Dr. Raymond B. Allen; Texas Medical Center, Its History to Date by George A. Hill, Jr.; Presentation of the Title to Texas Medical Center Property by M. D. Anderson Foundation; Texas Medical Center, Its Future by Dr. E. C. Bertner [sic]; Benediction by Dr. Allen Green; and Music by String Ensemble, Houston Symphony Orchestra.

無題

Phonograph Record. Passing in Review, M. D. Anderson Hospital Blood Bank, 1946

"Passing in Review" is a radio program that aired on KPRC radio in Houston, Texas. First half of this episode provides a narrative of the process of donating blood to the M. D. Anderson Hospital Blood Bank. The second half of the episode has Dr. E. W. Bertner - acting director of M. D. Anderson Hospital - and first president of the Texas Medical Center - advocates for donating blood and cancer research. [E. W. Bertner, MD papers, MS002, Texas Medical Center Library, McGovern Historical Center]

E. W. Bertner and Texas Children's Foundation Trustees

Texas Children's Hospital Foundation Trustees inspecting the site of the Children's Hospital and Research Institute in the Texas Medical Center, November 9, 1947. Left to right: Dr. David Greer, President of the Children's Foundation; Nina J. Cullinan; Dr. John K. Glen; Dr. E. W. Bertner, President of the Texas Medical Center; D Leopold L. Meyer, Treasurer of the Children's Foundation; Dr. George W. Salmon; and Dr. A. Lane Mitchell.

E. W. Bertner in academic regalia shaking hands with Jesse Jones, accompanied by P. P. Butler, Dr. W. H. Moursund, and Dr. W. R. White

E. W. Bertner receiving an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from Baylor at a ceremony in his Rice Hotel apartment. Bertner is in academic regalia shaking hands with Jesse Jones, and accompanied by P. P. Butler, Dr. W. H. Moursund, and Dr. W. R. White.

無題

Phonograph Record. Dr. E. W. Bertner Addresses the 4th Symposium of Cancer Research, 1950

Dr. E. W. Bertner Addresses the 4th Symposium of Cancer Research. Dr. Bertner is the guest of honor for M. D. Anderson Hospital 4th Symposium of Cancer Research in 1950. He addressed the meeting remotely from his residence in the Rice Hotel, Houston, Texas. [E. W. Bertner, MD papers, MS002, Texas Medical Center Library, McGovern Historical Center]

Interview with Colonel William B. Bates, Part 3 of 3

Col. William B. Bates, Part 3 of 3. Interviewed by Don Macon. Col. Bates discusses further the relationships of the M. D. Anderson Foundation and the institutions in the Texas Medical Center. He speaks of Dr. E. W. Bertner and Dr. R. Lee Clark. Col. Bates then turns to his interest in education and Texas History. He describes the evolution of the University of Houston and his participation in the San Jacinto historical Association. A discussion of the involvement of the Houston Chamber of Commerce in the development of the Texas Medical Center concludes the series. (MDAH Master #30-1-73)

無題

Interview with Frederick C. Elliott, DDS, Part 2 of 5

Frederick C. Elliott, DDS, Interview, Part 2 of 5, U-matic Tape, Master. 1932-1943. Interviewed by Don Macon. Video recorded 7/23/1973. Produced for the Texas Medical Center Historical Resources Project. Part 2 of this series covers Dr. Elliott's activities from 1932, when he became Dean of the Texas Dental College, until 1943 when the school was brought into the University of Texas System as the Dental Branch in Houston. The Texas Dental College faced financial problems. The faculty was primarily composed of part time staff. Dr. Elliott went to work to improve teaching methods, recruit student and patients for the clinic. Dr. Elliott served on numerous health committees such as the Houston Board of Health and the Public health Commission of the Houston Chamber of Commerce. The image of the Texas Dental College changed from a place that only trained dentists to a health education and awareness institution. During these years Dr. Elliott met Col. William B. Bates who was Chairman of the School Board and Dr. E. W. Bertner who also served on the Houston Board of Health. Efforts to make the Texas Dental College a state school were revived in 1939. House Bill #278 was passed in 1943, and the University of Texas Dental Branch came into being on September 1st. of that year.

無題

Interview with Frederick C. Elliott, DDS, Part 3 of 5

Frederick C. Elliott, DDS, Interview, Part 3 of 5, U-matic Tape, Master. 1943-1953. Interviewed by Don Macon. Video Tape Recorded 7/25/1973. Approximately 30min. MDAH Master # 38-1-73. Produced for Texas Medical Center Historical Resources Project. Part 3 begins with a review of material that has gone before. Dr. Elliott discusses the study made by a committee appointed by the University of Texas Board of Regents to recommend locations of the Univeristy of Texas Health Units. He describes the planning and construction of a new building to house the Dental Branch at Houston. Dr. Elliott discusses this association during these years with Dr. E.W. Bertner, Col. William B. Bates, Mr. John Freeman and Dr. R. Lee Clark. He gives insight to the man, Dr. E. W. Bertner, and touches briefly on his tragic illness and death. In 1954 Dr. Elliott was asked to become Executive Director of the Texas Medical Center, Inc. Dr. Elliot tells of his decision to leave the dental school to head a busy medical center that was in the midst of active development.

無題

Interview with Julia Williams Bertner Naylor

Julia Williams Bertner Naylor. Interview by Don Macon. Mrs. Naylor discusses elements of her personal history, her marriage to Dr. E. W. Bertner in 1922, their home at the Rice Hotel for 28 years and their leisure homes at Lake Jackson and the farm near Hempstead. She talks about Dr. Bertner's background, his family history, his education, and his close association with members of the MD Anderson Foundation and others instrumental in the founding and development of the Texas Medical Center. MDAH Master #60-1-73. 10/4/1973. 32:00

無題

Interview with W. Leland Anderson

W. Leland Anderson. Interviewed by Don Macon. Mr. Anderson, President of the Board of TMC, Inc., discusses the Anderson Clayton Company and the family relationship with the founders. He talks about his uncle, Mr. M. D. Anderson, Dr. E. W. Bertner and the trustees of the M. D. Anderson Foundation. He discusses the evolution of the Texas Medical Center and the formation of the TMC, Inc., defining the function of its Board of Directors. (MDAH Master #64-1-73)

無題

Texas Children's Hospital site Inspection

Texas Children's Hospital Foundation Trustees inspecting the site of the Children's Hospital and Research Institute in the Texas Medical Center. Left to right: Dr. John K. Glen; Dr. E. W. Bertner, President of the Texas Medical Center; Dr. David Greer, President of the Children's Foundation; Leopold L. Meyer, Treasurer of the Children's Foundation.

Correspondence; Personal; 1922-1949

This folder contains personal correspondence between E. W. Bertner and others. It includes a letter to E. W. Bertner from his father Gus Bertner, on the subject of Dr. Bertner going to France during World War I.

無題