Name and location of repository
Level of description
Michael K. O'Heeron, MD papers
- 1946-1974 (Creation)
.75 cubic feet (2 boxes)
Name of creator
Michael K. O’Heeron, MD (1908-1980) was a clinical professor of urology at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX. He also worked in the urology department at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Houston, TX.
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
Michael K. O’Heeron, MD papers contain materials such as photographs, journals, articles, conference, office and personal notes that he produced during his tenure at Baylor College of Medicine and St. Joseph’s Hospital. Correspondences with the State Medical Association of Texas, the University of Nuevo Leon, International College of Surgeons in particular Dr. Julio Pow Sang, and the IV Peruvian Conference on Urology are included. The collection is 0.75 cubic feet (2 boxes). The materials are in good condition.
System of arrangement
This collection is arranged into the following series.
Conditions of access and use elements
Conditions governing access
This material is open for research. Some restrictions may apply. Please consult with an Archivst.
Conditions governing reproduction
Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce should be secured from the repository.
Languages of the material
Scripts of the material
Language and script notes
Generated finding aid
Acquisition and appraisal elements
Immediate source of acquisition
Materials were donated by Dr. T. J. Williams on June 1, 1978.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information
No additions are expected.
Related materials elements
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related archival materials
Photographs of Michael K. O’Heeron, MD are located in IC 098 TMC Library Historical Photograph Collection, P-938 and N-1136.
- Processing information: Dr. O’Heeron’s collection encompasses two boxes of papers and a few photographs that are in good condition. Materials are separated into manila folders by specific topics.
- Citation: Michael K. O'Heeron, MD papers; MS 006; John P. McGovern Historical Collections and Research Center, Houston Academy of Medicine-Texas Medical Center Library. Please cite the box and folder numbers where appropriate.
Description control element
Rules or conventions
Finding aid based on DACS ( Describing Archives: A Content Standard).
Finding aid prepared by Kimberly Stetler.
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Baylor College of Medicine (Subject)
- St. Joseph Hospital (Houston, Tex.) (Subject)
- O'Heeron, Michael K. (Subject)